Don't delay, apply today! Each applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered. If interested, please contact us immediately or stop in our store. Please have a resume ready.
Full & Part Time Positions
AFZ is looking for good people to fill positions here in our company. There will be a lot of interest in these positions, please give your best effort when applying. AFZ has very high expectations of our employees and expects nothing less than your best. Below is a listing of the positions and requirements. Thank you for your time and interest.
Convention Workers get to travel the country working our booths at various conventions. Depending on the distance, we will leave on Wed/Thurs and returning on Sun/Mon for each convention. We drive everywhere and you must be able to handle long road trips and several days out of state. AFZ covers your meals, hotel, admission to the convention and transportation while at the conventions. You will also get paid for each convention on top of the other perks. Interested yet? Apply today by either emailing a resume to email@example.com or stopping in the store and dropping off your resume.
- MUST be at least 18 years old
- Some knowledge and experience with Anime & Gaming
- Able to lift 25-50lbs unassisted repeatedly
- Clean and professional appearance, good hygiene
- Reliable transportation to and from our store location and warehouse
- Solid customer service skills, able to greet every customer and be friendly, cheerful and smile
- Can follow directions, stay on task and hard working
- Honest, trustworthy, team player, ethical
- Must be able to work weekends
- No drug use period. AFZ does drug testing
- Positive attitude and enjoys working in this environment
- Ability to work well with others
- Prior cash handling experience and Register experience
- Customer service experience, working directly with customers in a retail setting
- Knowledgeable with Magic the Gathering and other card games
- Knowledgeable with Anime
- Knowledgeable with Board Games
- Ability to able to teach, train and sell our products
Convention Manager (Full and Part Time)
This position requires a strong background in management, leadership and somebody looking for a career. This very well could be your dream job. As a Con Manager, you will be responsible for leading your crew all around the country, selling at various conventions we attend. This position takes you to new cities on a weekly basis and is perfect for the traveling types. It is a salaried position with bonuses paid out based on performance and cost saving for the company. You will be the leader, the problem solver, and responsibly for everyone on your crew. It's a great opportunity for the right candidate. Between conventions will require some re-packing and re-stocking from our warehouse. Company provides all travel vehicles, hotels and expenses for the trip.
Salary is based on experience. There will be an extensive training period for all qualified candidates. Our success is your success!
Assistant Convention Manager (Full and Part Time)
This position is open to anyone that meets the minimum requirements and is over the age of 18. This position will be for advancement into a Con Manager over time. In this position you will be trained to do all the tasks and duties of a Con Manager and will assist the Con Manager at conventions. In time you will have the opportunity to run shows as the lead. Serious individuals that don't meet the Manager requirements should apply for this position.
Requirements for Convention Manager Consideration
- Must be over 21 years of age (25+ preferred due to vehicle rentals, hotel rentals and other duties of the position)
- Ability to travel out of state for days, even weeks at a time
- Ability to work well with and manage over others
- Required, a valid Driver's License and Insured (No CDL is required for this position)
- Able to drive for long periods of time, this position has a lot of driving involved (30,000+ miles a year)
- Dedicated with a Passion for doing a great job
- Loves to travel
- Able to direct employees effectively and train new employees correctly
- Not afraid of large crowds, huge venues
- Able to think on your feet and problem solve
- Willing to work till the job is done
- Ability to setup our booth display in the time required and ensure everything is safe and correct
- Must meet all minimum requirements listed above
Convention Worker (Full and Part Time)
If you meet the minimum requirements above (non-management), then please apply today! Not sure if you are qualified for a management spot, feel free to ask when submitting your resume and we can discuss all the positions during your interview.